Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Add butter and mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the heavy cream until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Mix in the truffle oil, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- If desired, fold in some finely chopped fresh chives for added flavor.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to a serving dish.
- Garnish with additional chives and shaved truffle, if using.